I’m Catherine, and I want to help you on your path to becoming a successful and happy massage therapist!
Passing my boards was tough to conquer. But, scale that mountain, I did! And so will you!
And I wan’t to help!
Here’s what you’ll find here:
1. A safe space – Being a massage therapist is not easy! This is a safe environment for you to ask your questions, voice your fears and learn from the experience of others who have gone through exactly the same process. You do not need to walk this path alone!
2. Kinesiology study guides – I have lovingly constructed tools to help you kick major ass in the kinesiology portion of your board exams! These audio study guides helped me learn all the muscles I need, and they will help you too!
3. Tips, tools, and resources – Subscribe to my blog to learn all the crazy things that have happened to me over the years. Take a look at my very favorite massage books, the one’s I truly didn’t mind paying an arm and a leg for.
Have questions, comments or concerns?
Here’s a little about me:
- I loved massage school. I am blessed in this world and I make a great student. I make a much better student than contributor-to-society. If I could spend my life reading and listening to teachers prattle on about their passions and stressing about exams, I would do it. I know. I’m a little weird. (But seriously! If you went to massage school that meant that you were getting weekly massages, right? You can’t beat that.)
I wanted to know this material, not just pass.
- So when I got the full gist of what it takes to pass the massage boards, especially the live practical exam, I got down to business.
1. I made study dates with friends. (It’s way more fun to study kinesiology over a glass of wine!) You get lots of weird looks when you’re saying stuff like, “the origin of the Deltoid is the medial third of the clavicle, the acromion process and the spine of the scapula,” and you know, palpating yourself or your partner…because you need to practice! But it’s less weird, and more fun, with a partner.
2. I made study dates with other friends! Tiny friends, with zero percent body fat so I could palpate that illusive acromion process of the scapula.
3. Best of all, I made audio recordings of me chanting out all of the muscles: origins, insertions, and actions. It made for some rip roaring fun during long commutes! This was perhaps, the most effective tool I used.
Practicing saying them out loud and ad nauseam, made it so much easier when some scary board member turned to me and said, “Tell me about the Semitendonosus.” “Oh…! Let me tell you about the Semitendinosus!”
- I nailed my kines. And now I’m passing this gift on to you! Let me start by saying, you are never under obligation to buy. You will find my gift of the PDF files that contain the muscles you need to know. AND, you can do what I did: record yourself using Garage Band. Export to Itunes. Add files to an mp3 player. Done.
- But…if you want to listen to a sexy British man lulling you into kinesiology bliss (bet you didn’t know that was a thing!), you will find everything you need here.
So who does that sexy British voice belong to?
That’s what you really want to know. I knew it.
Meet the Voice!
The “transatlantic humorist,” Bob Sterry was enormously generous with his time on this project. An England native, Bob infuses his standup and cabaret magic with Monty Python-esque comedy that will have you in stitches.
Find him (and book him!) for some musical fun in the Pacific Northwest!
That’s about it!
Happy studying and let me know how I can be of service!